Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Babies








Well the babies are three weeks old today. They are maturing a lot faster then other babies I have raised. They are in a playpen with a bed and have been getting in and out for about a week now. They are so little and still a little bit wobbly but fun to watch. They have also learned they have a voice! It is funny. Mom will make them chase her around the playpen and they get tired so they plop down on their little butts, stick their heads in the air and howl. Mom just looks at them like this is "tuff love" and goes about her business. They really are going to be hard to part with, but I will not let them go to their new homes until they are 10-16 weeks old so I will have them for a while yet.

I took pictures of them today, so I am sharing. The other picture is of their dad Teddy. Both parents have really awesome personalities so these little guys should be over the top. Teddy has came along ways from when I first got him. He had been abused by a male I think as he did not like men at all. He would jump in my lap shake and growl when one was around. Now he loves everyone! He stays home while I work so he has adopted the other half's 87 year old dad. He no longer sleeps with me but with Dad and you usually will find him and Dad asleep in the chair during the day. He is a very proud little dog and prances everywhere he goes. In the summer I keep him shaved but he loves to be outdoors so he looks scruffy in the winter. He has little dog syndrome and is always putting the English Mastiff in his place. I have to roll when the little dogs and the big dog play, it is very funny, but Bounce is very protective of them and so careful when they play.

I also weighed the babies today. The little girl weighs 12 ozs. which by the growth chart means she should weigh 4-4-1/2-lbs as an adult. The little male weighs 8 ozs. which means he should weigh 3-lbs. That doesn't make for very big adults but then mom only weighs 3-lbs. herself. So I hope I can find them homes that I know they will be truly loved, cared, and protected in.

Well that's about it from here for now. I am out....................

1 comment:

  1. I love your little guys! They are darling...I am talking the adult k-9's! Puppies are always cute! We have a doxie, he is a very young 13. He hangs out with a 120 lb black lab "Goose", a 90 lb black "Grover" dog, and a white Standard Poodle, "Miss Noodle" and 3 cats, all well over his size...but he doesn't know the difference! Why heck,the Roosters and ducks are bigger than Mickey! All of our dogs are rescues...when one passes, we head to the pound! We are saps when it comes to the critters! I love that you are too! So is C! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete